Grease Trap Regulations

Grease trap regulations are overseen by the water authorities governing the different states, territories, urban and rural areas with Australia.  In larger metropolitan cities, water supply companies oversee grease trap regulations.  In rural areas, regulation is overseen by local councils.

Before discharging trade waste to a sewer, a trade waste agreement with the local water authority is required.

Australian metropolitan water authorities include:

Melbourne: City West Water; South East Water; Yarra Valley Water
Sydney: Sydney Water
Brisbane: Brisbane City Council
Gold Coast: Gold Coast Council
Sunshine Coast: Sunshine Coast Council
Adelaide: SA Water ( covers the whole state)


To find your local water authority, click here

Viking Plastics’ grease traps meet water authority and local government regulations.  For expert advice call Viking on 03 9587 2297.

grease trap regulations
Viking Plastics’ leading edge technology ensures all products meet grease trap regulations